BIF makes business model transformation safer and easier to manage for institutional leaders. We do this for businesses and in complex social systems in healthcare, education, and public sectors.
As an Experience Designer at BIF, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that focuses on understanding real user problems & business opportunities, designing, building, prototyping, testing, and iterating to create scalable solutions that address our clients’ most pressing problems. Members of the BIF Experience Design team will be focused on driving impact and creating genuine value for clients and internal users.
As an Experience Designer you will:
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams to create user-centered experiences and solutions, while balancing business goals and technical implications
- Use design-led thinking to communicate how a solution can satisfy user needs, business goals, technical constraints, and other project requirements
- Lead secondary research efforts to build foundational knowledge in lab domain areas
- Contribute to and/or lead ethnographic fieldwork efforts (start to finish) which generate powerful observations and insights
- Help synthesize data and translate observations and insights into transformational ideas for new solutions and approaches
- Create interactive prototypes at various levels of fidelity to showcase user experience and solutions
- Craft and articulate a compelling story that helps people connect with the work
- Have exposure to a broad array of client needs and industries
As an Experience Designer you will be expected to:
- Activate user insights and opportunities through a lens of business strategy
- Combine fluency in qualitative research methods and data analysis with an ability to move beyond research as outcome, to research as input to real-world solutions
- Explore new and novel approaches to research and its application in BIF’s lab work
- Have experience with or be open to working within the human-centered design process
- Be prepared to lead conversations having to do with “what to do and why” as well as the “how” of implementation
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and work comfortably with ambiguous problems in a dynamic environment
- Work collaboratively or independently as needed
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- Be willing to travel
This is a full-time position in Providence, R.I., salary range starts at $40,000 for Experience Designer, $55,000 for Senior Experience Designer, based on your skill and experience. If this sounds like you, please send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample. All materials should be sent to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are a lean team, which will provide you opportunities to present directly to our senior leaders. Your impact will be felt immediately!